[SCA] David Sedaris and musical theater

Thu Feb 25 23:27:01 PST 2010

Hello UCLA!

This week we have a musical, opera and writing contest to rock your socks!

*Sweet Charity *- Feb 27 & 28, 8pm @ Schoenberg
Sweet Charity, an iconic American Musical featuring the work of famous
director/choreographer Bob Fosse, comes to life at UCLA with an electric
cast and creative team. Join us as we follow Charity Hope Valentine in her
quest for love in a crazy world filled with movie stars, dance hall
hostesses, and a whole lotta fun. Tickets will be available at CTO. The
event is FREE for UCLA students and faculty (but you still need a ticket!)
and $15 for non UCLA students.
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#%21/event.php?eid=291903428246&ref=ts>

*The First Lady Opera *- Feb 26, 27, March 3 at 7:30pm, March 7 at 2:30pm
@ UCLA Semel Institute
This opera's gotten rave review in the LA
Times<http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-firstlady19-2010feb19,0,2585820.story>and
The
Daily Bruin<http://www.dailybruin.com/articles/2010/2/22/psychiatry-professor-composes-debut-opera/>.
See true operatic stars create beloved president FDR's love triangle with
his mistress and wife Eleanor!
 <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=285869376522&index=1>

Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=285869376522&index=1>

*David Sedaris Humor Writing Contest *- Submissions due online Apr 7, 2010
Submit an original, funny story and win tickets to see David Sedaris in
Royce Hall on May 5, 2010.

Winners wil :
-Receive an autographed copy of Sedaris' latest book
-Get a chance to meet David Sedaris
-Have your story featured in The Daily Bruin and displayed at Royce during
the event.

Check out more info on our
website<http://www.sca.ucla.edu/sedaris-writing-contest>and on
Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=355528780539&ref=ts>.