contraceptives and RFRA

Ira Lupu iclupu at law.gwu.edu
Wed Feb 15 16:13:24 PST 2012

Apropos of Alan's comment below, the proposed "Respect for Rights of
Conscience Act," http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h112-1179
,
includes the following provision:

"(H) ACTUARIAL EQUIVALENCE- Nothing in this paragraph shall prohibit the
Secretary from issuing regulations or other guidance to ensure that health
plans excluding specific items or services under this paragraph shall have
an aggregate actuarial value at least equivalent to that of plans at the
same level of coverage that do not exclude such items or services.’."