Quotas for tax exemption?

Will Linden wlinden at panix.com
Wed Oct 21 20:06:25 PDT 2009

  What about state or city?

   I remember a period under the Beame administration when the Finance
Administration went on a rampage, looking for excuses to yank everybody's
exemptions (including the Swedenborg Foundation and the New York
Theosophical Society). That is also when they tried telling the major
museums that they were not "educational" because they don't give classes.