ACLJ's Jay Sekulow Slams Judge Sonia Sotomayor on church state separation

AAsch at aol.com AAsch at aol.com
Thu May 7 12:49:37 PDT 2009

I thought members of this list might be interested in an interview of the
ACLJ's Jay Sekulow that ran on Fox News last Friday discussing possible
replacements for Justice Souter with much of the time spent discussing Judge
Sonia Sotomayor. Although Sekulow never mentioned any specific opinion or
statement from Judge Sotomayor, he claimed that she is "much  further to the
left than Justice Ginsburg or Justice Souter." Sekulow  also referred to
winning a recent ten commandments case before the US Supreme  Court with a 9-0
vote and said he thinks the vote would have been 8-1 if  Judge Sotomayor were
on the Court because she has a "very, very strict  view of church state
separation."

You can find the full 7 minute interview on the Fox News website at:
_http://tinyurl/JudgeSlam_ (http://tinyurl/JudgeSlam)

Or, if you forgive the self-promotion, you can see the relevant clips
interspersed with critical commentary in my 4 minute 20 second YouTube  video
titled "Fox News Slams Judge Sonia Sotomayor for Supreme Court?" at
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZXZAjtXJ5s_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZXZAjtXJ5s)

I thought it particularly appropriate to post my video to this list because
 I actually provide a link to one of my previous posts to this list in the
video.  See _http://tinyurl.com/DishonestJay_
(http://tinyurl.com/DishonestJay)

My question for the members of this list:

Are there any specific opinions or statement from Judge Sotomayor that back
 up Jay Sekulow's characterization of her as "much further to the left
than Justice Ginsburg or Justice Souter" or of her having a  "very, very strict
view of church state separation?"

Allen Asch
**************Big savings on Dell’s most popular laptops. Now starting at
$449!