Conflicts between religious exefcise and gay rights

Mark Tushnet mtushnet at law.harvard.edu
Mon Aug 4 11:27:41 PDT 2008

In connection with this discussion, it might be worth noting that prior to the Civil War there was, in the South, quite a vigorous discussion of why slavery was sancitoned by the Bible, and -- toward the end of the pre-war period -- why it was mandated by Ciristianity properly understood.

Mark Tushnet
William Nelson Cromwell Professor of Law
Harvard Law School
Areeda 223
Cambridge, MA  02138

ph:  617-496-4451 (office); 202-374-9571 (mobile)