Religious freedom and 42 USC 666

ArtSpitzer at ArtSpitzer at
Fri Aug 1 12:00:42 PDT 2008

I'm not even sure the necessary change would require an Act of Congress.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a statute's codification
in the US Code is generally a part of the bill enacted by Congress. If you
look at the Statutes at Large, you'll see the future codification in the margin,
not in the text.   I think codification is just an administrative function.

And I assume it would be sufficient for the father here if 42 USC § 666 were
changed to 42 USC § 665a, so it wouldn't even have to be moved to a different
position in the books.

Art Spitzer
Washington DC

In a message dated 8/1/08 1:19:42 PM, VOLOKH at writes:

> Here, by comparison, the change is high-level (it requires a Congressional
> act) but otherwise relatively cheap:  Copy 42 USC 666 to 42 USC 777.

Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget?
Read reviews on AOL Autos.
( )