Jesus Picture case

Ed Brayton stcynic at crystalauto.com
Sat Oct 7 07:23:05 PDT 2006

Yesterday, both the ADF and Americans United put out statements
announcing a settlement in the Harrison County, WV case involving the
picture of Jesus in a public school hallway. Both sides basically
declared victory. Does anyone know where I can find a copy of that
settlement, or at least have more detail on what it actually says? They
had it settled once before, but then the school put up a big mirror with
a brass plate reading "To know the will of God is the highest of all
wisdoms. The love of Jesus Christ lives in each of us." That's obviously
even more problematic than just the picture was, so negotiations
apparently restarted. Anyway, since I don't think you trust press
releases to tell the truth, especially when both sides are claiming to
have gotten what they wanted, I'd like some details on the actual
settlement if they're available.

Ed Brayton