Compulsory Religious Attendance in the Military

RJLipkin at aol.com RJLipkin at aol.com
Tue Nov 30 12:42:49 PST 2004

Hi Marc,

        Thanks for the generous  offer. My student had no problem with the
"coercive" system at officers  candidate school.  His concern was more academic.
 How can he square  his experiences in the army with what we were learning
about the religion  clauses in class? He sticks by his story, but perhaps the
"violation," if  there was one, was more subtle than he described it.  At any
rate thanks  again for offering to represent him.

Have a Happy Chanukah,
Bobby

Robert Justin  Lipkin
Professor of Law