UW Service requirement

Volokh, Eugene VOLOKH at law.ucla.edu
Wed Nov 10 13:06:48 PST 2004

    Hmm; can a university really say that converting people to a belief
about gun control, or animal rights, or environmentalism is a "community
service," but a belief about following some religious moral code, and
some religious route to salvation is not?  Is the government entitled to
value persuasion to some such viewpoints more than persuasion to other
such viewpoints?