not defamatory to call Jew a believer in Jesus

Steven Jamar sjamar at law.howard.edu
Mon May 17 21:59:36 PDT 2004

i haven't studied it for awhile, but i don't recall the test for
defamation being how the person feels about it, but rather how others
perceive it.  unless it is defamation per se.  it seems pretty unlikely
that accusing someone of believing in Jesus is on a par with saying he
or she has a loathsome disease.

--
Prof. Steven D. Jamar                               vox:  202-806-8017
Howard University School of Law                     fax:  202-806-8567
2900 Van Ness Street NW                   mailto:sjamar at law.howard.edu
Washington, DC  20008   http://www.law.howard.edu/faculty/pages/jamar/

"There are obviously two educations.  One should teach us how to make a
living and the other how to live."

James Truslow Adams

--
Prof. Steven D. Jamar                                     vox:
202-806-8017
Howard University School of Law                           fax:
202-806-8428
2900 Van Ness Street NW
mailto:sjamar at law.howard.edu
Washington, DC  20008
http://www.law.howard.edu/faculty/pages/jamar

"Nonviolence means avoiding not only external physical violence but
also internal violence of spirit. You not only refuse to shoot a man,
but you refuse to hate him."

Martin Luther King, Jr.