The President and the Pope

Will Linden wlinden at panix.com
Mon Jun 14 12:29:28 PDT 2004

  I do NOT find it persuasive, however, when someone proclaims
"TheChurch/TheChurches should stay out of politics", and fails to explain
why issues he differs with are "politics" and those he espouses are "not
politics". I can only feel that the "wall of separation" is differentially
permeable. (The last "answer" I got to my question was, I kid you not, "I'm
not talking about excommunication!", implying that the MORE serious
"sanction" is less "political", or something which made an equal amount of
sense.