Child's choice of religious subjects in public school c

Prof. Steven D. Jamar, Dir. LRW Program sjamar at LAW.HOWARD.EDU
Thu Jan 22 09:14:36 PST 1998

Jim Henderson rather dramatically missed my point.  My point was (mostly) aimed
at treatment of kids by other kids.  Also, I can trot out any number of instances
of Christian teacher and principal intolerance/lack of understanding of other
religions, though probably not as many as Jim can the other way - I don't make it
my business to accumulate such anecdotes.  Teachers asking how many believe in
god, then being openly incredulous when one or two don't.  Teachers who don't
believe a student's assertion of religiously-compelled dress and conduct
(especially Muslims and Sikhs) or excuse for holidays.  And on and on.

Cheers,
Steve
--
Steven D. Jamar