Speech by Government Employees

JMH ACLJ JMHACLJ at AOL.COM
Thu Jan 1 15:02:02 PST 1998

<< I point out that Roy Moore's display is not a family picture on his desk, a
 civic citation on the wall of his office, or anything on his cubbiewall.  It
 is a religious display on the wall of a public courtroom.  The ACLU position
 from the start has been he can do whatever he wants with his private
 office--its the courtroom that can't be Christianized.

Joel, I understand that this is the ACLU position.  I think that it simply is
a sham and a rationalization to cover the focus on religious expression.  You
find the courtroom wall significant in a way that has no valid justification
apart from other government walls.

Jim Henderson
ACLJ