book: separation of church and state

Will Linden wlinden at PANIX.COM
Sat Jun 14 10:49:45 PDT 1997

On Sat, 14 Jun 1997, Steven D. Jamar wrote:

> Stephen,
>
> Regarding your book and post and reposte with Jim Henderson - you don't
> have to be on this list very long to discover that this country is both
> officially a Christian Nation and that Secular Humanism is its dominant
> religion or that Santa Claus is not a Christian symbol no matter how
> connected he is to Christmas and that "Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer" is
> not  a Christmas song, or, if it is, it has nothing to do with Christianity
 But professor, the neo-pagans have told me again and again that
evergreens and men in red suits are THEIR symbols, which have been
"stolen" by the nefarious Christians.
   Funny how they become "proof" of the awfulness of Christians, not
matter WHAT their origins are found to be.

 Will Linden  wlinden at panix.com
http://www.panix.com/~wlinden/
Magic Code: MAS/GD S++ W++ N+ PWM++ Ds/r+ A-> a++ C+ G- QO++ 666 Y