[PSR-News] 2012 HIV/AIDS Community Information Outreach Projects RFP Released!
acarr at library.ucla.edu
Wed May 30 11:17:23 PDT 2012
Hello Network Colleagues,
As a follow up to a message I sent in early May, the National Library of Medicine (NLM) has announced the solicitation of proposals from organizations and libraries to design and conduct projects that will improve access to HIV/AIDS related health information for patients, the affected community, and their caregivers. Awards are offered for up to $40,000. Proposals are due to NLM on Wednesday, June 20, 2012.
The complete solicitation for the 2012 HIV/AIDS Community Information Outreach Projects<https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=2563c3ecd81cffcb440fe2adda0dd716&tab=core&_cview=0> is posted on the Federal Business Opportunities Web site, https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=2563c3ecd81cffcb440fe2adda0dd716&tab=core&_cview=0. Please refer to this web site for all notices, updates, and modifications to this RFP. Small businesses can apply to a specific set-aside, https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=248139fb1a6911d670f709ea10496d8c&tab=core&_cview=1.
Projects must involve one or more of the following information access categories:
* Information retrieval;
* Skills development;
* State-of-the-art resources;
* Resource development.
NLM is particularly interested in involving the affected community in the development of these projects. Emphasis will be placed upon small businesses and the following types of organizations or arrangements for developing these projects:
* Community-based organizations (CBOs) or patient advocacy groups currently providing HIV/AIDS related serves to the affected community;
* Public libraries serving communities in the provision of HIV/AIDS-related information and resources;
* Health departments or other local, municipal, or state agencies working to improve public health;
* Faith-based organizations currently providing HIV/AIDS-related services; and/or
* Multi-type consortia of the above-listed organizations that may be in existence or formed specifically for this project.
Alan Carr, Acting Associate Director
NN/LM Pacific Southwest Region
UCLA L. Darling Biomedical Library
acarr at library.ucla.edu<mailto:acarr at library.ucla.edu%3cmailto:acarr at library.ucla.edu>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the PSR-News