[PSR-News] Latitudes & NewsBits articles for April 2012
marco at library.ucla.edu
Tue May 1 09:56:06 PDT 2012
Dear Network Colleagues,
We are pleased to bring you our monthly digest of Latitudes and NewsBits articles. This issue marks the end of the first year of our current contract! The following articles were published in Latitudes<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsletter/2012/04/> during April 2012:
NN/LM Earthquake Summit held at UCSF on April 6, 2012<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsletter/2012/04/27/nnlm-earthquake-summit-held-at-ucsf-on-april-6-2012/>
- A half-day NN/LM Earthquake Summit was held Friday, April 6, 2012, at the University of California, San Francisco, Library and Center for Knowledge Management.
2012-13 Express Outreach Awards Announced!<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsletter/2012/04/27/2012-13-express-outreach-awards-announced/>
- Six excellent applications were received in response to the 2012/13 Request for Proposals: Express Outreach/Training/Technology Awards; five of which were funded.
PSRML Internship Experience: Creating a LibGuide for Medical Social Workers<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsletter/2012/04/24/psrml-internship-experience-creating-a-libguide-for-medical-social-workers/>
- Vicki Burchfield, PSRML intern for the winter quarter, summarizes her experience during the process of researching and creating an online subject guide for the Clinical Social Work Department at the UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center.
Julie Kwan Receives the 2012 MLGSCA Louise Darling Achievement Award!<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsletter/2012/04/20/julie-kwan-receives-the-2012-mlgsca-louise-darling-achievement-award/>
- On April 18, 2012, Julie Kwan was named the 2012 MLGSCA Louise Darling Achievement Award recipient at the MLGSCA Business Meeting.
PSRML Hosts Spring Quarter 2012 Intern: Lynn Kysh!<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsletter/2012/04/20/psrml-hosts-spring-quarter-2012-intern-lynn-kysh/>
- Lynn Kysh joins the NN/LM PSR staff for a Spring Quarter 2012 internship, as part of her MLIS program at UCLA.
2012 Arizona Science and Engineering Fair<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsletter/2012/04/16/2012-arizona-science-and-engineering-fair/>
- On April 3, 2012, more than 600 of the best and brightest young scientific minds were present at the 2012 Arizona Science and Engineering Fair (AzSEF) in downtown Phoenix.
Panel and Exhibit Celebrate Women in Medicine at the UCLA Louise M. Darling Biomedical Library<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsletter/2012/04/12/panel-and-exhibit-celebrate-women-in-medicine-at-the-ucla-louise-m-darling-biomedical-library/>
- Linda Rosenstock, MD, MPH; Dean of the UCLA Fielding School of Public Health, moderated the one-hour panel presentation, Voices: Perspectives on Women in Medicine, on April 4, 2012, at the UCLA Louise M. Darling Biomedical Library, in conjunction with the NLM traveling exhibit Changing the Face of Medicine.
Express Outreach Award Highlights: Healthy Teens Pasadena<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsletter/2012/04/10/express-outreach-award-highlights-healthy-teens-pasadena/>
- The Health Sciences Library at Huntington Hospital in Pasadena, CA, received an outreach funding award to develop a web site for teen health issues, resulting in the multimedia web site Healthy Teens Pasadena (HTP).
In addition, the following list of announcements, upcoming events and tech tips were posted in NewsBits<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsbits/2012/04/>:
- Improve Your Google Search Skills!<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsbits/2012/04/30/improve-your-google-search-skills/>
- BIGDATA Webinar on May 8, 2012<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsbits/2012/04/27/bigdata-webinar-on-may-8-2012/>
- Sheldon Kotzin Retirement Announcement!<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsbits/2012/04/27/sheldon-kotzin-retirement-announcement/>
- New Discussion Paper: Attributes of a Health Literate Organization<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsbits/2012/04/27/new-discussion-paper-attributes-of-a-health-literate-organization/>
- International Conference of Indigenous Archives, Libraries, and Museums, June, Oklahoma<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsbits/2012/04/23/international-conference-of-ialm/>
- Upcoming Midday at the Oasis Sessions<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsbits/2012/04/19/upcoming-midday-at-the-oasis-sessions/>
- Dr. Frederick M. "Skip" Burkle, Jr. to Give the 2012 Joseph Leiter NLM/MLA Lecture on May 9, 2012<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsbits/2012/04/13/dr-frederick-m-skip-burkle-jr-to-give-the-2012-joseph-leiter-nlmmla-lecture-on-may-9-2012/>
- PubMed Has a New My NCBI Favorites Collection Feature!<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsbits/2012/04/12/pubmed-has-a-new-my-ncbi-favorites-collection-feature/>
- NLM @ MLA 2012 in Seattle<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsbits/2012/04/12/nlm-mla-2012-in-seattle/>
- Early Bird Registration Deadline Extended for IHA Health Literacy Conference!<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsbits/2012/04/12/early-bird-registration-deadline-extended-for-iha-health-literacy-conference/>
- NLM Hosts Lecture Honoring S. Kalani Brady, MD, and Commemorating St. Damien's Day<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsbits/2012/04/12/nlm-hosts-lecture-honoring-s-kalani-brady-md-and-commemorating-st-damiens-day/>
- Announcement - Free In-person Training, April 20, Los Angeles<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsbits/2012/04/11/announcement-free-in-person-training-april-20-los-angeles/>
- Funding Announcement: NLM Administrative Supplements for Informationist Services in NIH-funded Research Projects<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsbits/2012/04/11/funding-announcement-nlm-administrative-supplements-for-informationist-services-in-nih-funded-research-projects/>
- HHS Secretary Announces Delay of ICD-10 until October 1, 2014<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsbits/2012/04/09/hhs-secretary-announces-delay-of-icd-10-until-october-1-2014/>
Marco A. Tamase
National Network of Libraries of Medicine
Pacific Southwest Region
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the PSR-News