[PSR-News] Latitudes & NewsBits articles for March 2012
marco at library.ucla.edu
Thu Mar 29 16:20:58 PDT 2012
Dear Network Colleagues,
We are pleased to bring you our monthly digest of Latitudes and NewsBits articles. Latitudes<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsletter/2012/03/> brings together featured articles during the month of March 2012:
Congratulations to MLA Award Winners!<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsletter/2012/03/19/congratulations-to-mla-award-winners/>
- PSR Network members to be honored at the MLA 2012 Annual Meeting Awards Ceremony and Luncheon on Monday, May 21, include Jacque Doyle, Alice Hadley, Susan Lessick, and Kay Wellick.
Information Treasure Hunt: Supporting Evidence-Based Practice @ Your Institution<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsletter/2012/03/16/information-treasure-hunt-supporting-evidence-based-practice-your-institution-2/>
- On March 2, 2012, the one-day symposium "Information Treasure Hunt: Supporting Evidence-Based Practice @ Your Institution" was held at the UCLA Library Conference Center. The event featured presentations by Connie Schardt, a nationally recognized expert on evidence-based medicine education and practice for health care practitioners. Other speakers included Cheryl Bartel and Robert Johnson.
Love of Reading Week and Tucson Festival of Books: Two Inspiring Events!<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsletter/2012/03/16/love-of-reading-week-and-tucson-festival-of-books-two-inspiring-events/>
- Outreach Services Librarian Yamila El-Khayat, from the Arizona Health Sciences Library, recounts two inspiring events; Love of Reading Week, and the Tucson Festival of Books.
Disaster Information Specialization Continuing Education Courses<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsletter/2012/03/15/disaster-information-specialization-continuing-education-courses/>
- The Medical Library Association has released a new curriculum for Disaster Information Specialization.
In addition, the following list of announcements, upcoming events and tech tips were posted in NewsBits<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsbits/2012/03/>:
- Midday at the Oasis in April!<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsbits/2012/03/29/midday-at-the-oasis-in-april/>
- Weekly Webinar Training Series for Community College Librarians in April 2012<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsbits/2012/03/28/weekly-webinar-training-series-for-community-college-librarians-in-april-2012/>
- NIHSeniorHealth Gets a Redesign!<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsbits/2012/03/26/nihseniorhealth-gets-a-redesign/>
- 2010 Census Shows Asians are Fastest-Growing Race Group<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsbits/2012/03/22/2010-census-shows-asians-are-fastest-growing-race-group/>
- ToxSeek Discontinued as of March 23rd, 2012<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsbits/2012/03/20/toxseek-discontinued/>
- NLM Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA): Information Resource Grants to Reduce Health Disparities<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsbits/2012/03/16/nlm-funding-opportunity-announcement-foa-information-resource-grants-to-reduce-health-disparities/>
- New Release of WISER for iPhone/iPod Touch Now Available!<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsbits/2012/03/09/new-release-of-wiser-for-iphoneipod-touch-now-available/>
- NIH MedlinePlus the Magazine and NIH News in Health Now Available!<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsbits/2012/03/05/nih-medlineplus-the-magazine-and-nih-news-in-health-now-available/>
Marco A. Tamase
National Network of Libraries of Medicine
Pacific Southwest Region
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the PSR-News