[PSR-News] Health Literacy Webinar - Recording and Slides Now Available

Tamase, Marco marco at library.ucla.edu
Thu Mar 24 14:54:25 PDT 2011

Dear Network Colleagues,
On March 18th, we hosted a webinar featuring Michael Villaire in a presentation titled Health Literacy in the Real World: Awareness, Ideas, Solutions.  For those of you who missed it, a recording of the session and the speaker's slides are now posted at http://nnlm.gov/psr/services/webmeeting/archives.html

Health Literacy in the Real World: Awareness, Ideas, Solutions
Poor health literacy is a major issue in the United States. We see examples of how it affects patients, providers, and the healthcare system every day. This session will look at some of the problems created by poor health literacy, discuss programs and ideas to help improve it on both the patient and provider side, and review some solutions. The upcoming IHA Health Literacy Conference http://bit.ly/IHA_Conference will be reviewed, as well as a discussion of the National Action Plan to Improve Health Literacy.

Guest Speaker: Michael Villaire, MSLM
Chief Operating Officer, Institute for Healthcare Advancement (IHA)
IHA website: http://www.iha4health.org/

Regards,

Marco

Marco A. Tamase
National Network of Libraries of Medicine
Pacific Southwest Region
310-206-5633
http://nnlm.gov/psr