[PSR-News] Join us for an online class: "Social Media and Privacy"

Dennis, Sharon sdennis at library.ucla.edu
Thu Feb 17 09:02:14 PST 2011

Greetings everyone,

Join us for a 1 hour online class, "Social Media and Privacy."  The class will be taught by myself and Rebecca Brown, Technology Liaison for the NN/LM MidContinental Region.

Class date: March 2, 2011
Class time: 11 am Pacific Time, 9 am Hawaii Time
Class length: One hour
Where: Adobe Connect

Class description:  Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn (we'll call them The Big Three) have over 775 million global users combined, with millions of posts and Tweets made every day.  In this one-hour session, you can plan to follow along in your own accounts as we review some of the basics of controlling the privacy settings for The Big Three.

The session is FREE.  All you need to participate is a web browser and telephone.

Registration is required.  Class enrollment will be limited to 30 participants from PSR (first  come, first serve based when you fill out the registration form). To register, visit:

http://www.tinyurl.com/psrclasses/

If you can't make this date and time, we'll record the session for later viewing.  Please contact me if you have further questions.  Thank you!

Best regards,

Sharon.

Sharon Dennis
Technology Coordinator