[PSR-News] Latitudes articles for October, 2009
marco at library.ucla.edu
Mon Nov 2 14:11:47 PST 2009
Dear Network Colleagues,
The following articles were published in Latitudes
<http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsletter/> during October, 2009:
A network member's personal account of the Samoan tsunami
- This article is a compelling and moving personal account of
the Samoan tsunami by Sonja Evensen
from PREL, Pacific Resources for Education and Learning. Sonja had been
in American Samoa on
PREL business and had been surfing in Western Samoa. Once you start
reading this article,
you won't be able to stop.
Welcome New Members! <http://nnlm.gov/psr/newsletter/?p=1535>
- Eight new Affiliate Members have joined NN/LM Pacific
Southwest Region since May 2009.
MLA's Educational Webcast - Cut the Cord: Connecting to our Mobile Users
- The National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Pacific
Southwest Region, will be sponsoring eight
regional sites for the broadcast of MLA's Educational Webcast, "Cut the
Cord: Connecting to our Mobile Users"
on November 18, 2009.
2009 AIDS Community Outreach Projects Announced
- The National Library of Medicine has funded awards for the
16th round of AIDS Community Information
Outreach Projects. Three are located in the NN/LM PSR Region: AIDS
Educational Global Education System,
Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, and Pacific Resources for
Education and Learning.
In addition, the following items were posted in NewsBits
- What will the web look like in 5 years?
- Free Training Video for Clinical Staff Working with
- The redesigned PubMed is now live!
- My NCBI: My Bibliography and Other Citations Enhanced
- PubMed Redesign Webcast now available on NLM's web site
- NLM Training Manuals and Resources
- NLM releases Pillbox in beta
Marco A. Tamase
National Network of Libraries of Medicine
Pacific Southwest Region
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the PSR-News