[PSR-News] PubMed Clinics of North America Workshops in Downey & Fontana, CA

Deeney, Kay kdeeney at library.ucla.edu
Wed Feb 4 11:12:32 PST 2009

Kay Deeney of the Pacific Southwest Region of NN/LM will be teaching two
PubMed workshops in Downey and Fontana, CA in February.

PubMed Clinics of North America: A Problem-based Approach to PubMed
Searching

The three/ four hour workshops will focus on a problem-based approach in
learning to search the PubMed database. Through case studies, group
exercises and hands-on practice participants will become more efficient
PubMed searchers. The class is geared for intermediate and advanced
PubMed searchers.

Objectives:

Participants will be able to:

*	Search PubMed to locate citations on challenging author, subject
or keyword, and institutional searches;
*	Create a search strategy using the strengths of the database;
*	Apply MeSH headings to enhance a search;
*	Use My NCBI to create collections and save searches; **
*	Become familiar with available tools to update their skills and
for lifelong learning.

**The 4 hour class on 2/26 includes My NCBI.
MLA Continuing Education credits pending

Wednesday, February 25, 2009, 9 - 12
Kaiser Permanente Medical Offices, Drug Information Services Library,
12254 Bellflower Blvd., Downey, California 90242-4894

To Register, contact  Zoe Pettway Unno, Zoe.Y.Pettway-Unno at kp.org,
(310)-517-2091.

Thursday, February 26, 2009, 9 - 2
Kaiser Permanente Fontana, Health Sciences Library,
9961 Sierra Avenue, Fontana, California 92335

To Register, contact Grace Johnston, Grace.Johnston at kp.org
<mailto:Grace.Johnston at kp.org>  ,
(909) 427-5086.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Kay

Kay Deeney                              kdeeney at library.ucla.edu

Education Coordinator

NN/LM Pacific Southwest Region

UCLA Louise M. Darling Biomedical Library

Box 951798                                      310-206-0525

LOS ANGELES CA 90095-1798

http://nnlm.gov/psr <http://nnlm.gov/psr>