[Oradlist] Asymptomatic 42 year old female

Leif Kullman leikul at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 23 03:24:19 PST 2011

Dear oradlisters......yes a very interesting case, but to me the used terms are confusing.

Do you really call this a PCOD? I thought multiple lesions were common in PCODs.

Is it not better to call this one a sort of  cementoma?

 attach another case I had this week, unfortunately do I only have
access to CBCT pictures. This is a female, 25 years and causasian. The
first premolar in first quadrant
was operated and laid bare some time ago and an orthodontist started to pull it down.

But
 they couldn't move it and as you can see I found hypercementosis or
what I called a benign cementoblastoma or even better true cementoma.

Thankful for your comments!
More pictures in next mail!

Leif

Leif Kullman DDS, PhD