[Oradlist] 36 yrs old male

Emad Khan ekhan at kau.edu.sa
Thu Sep 2 12:44:50 PDT 2010

Dear Drs.,

Very valid points but I am still not completely convinced.
If the epithelial lining is not corticated and contiguous with the sinus air I
would expect to see a "bulging" profile. Instead, I see a continuous curvature
from the corticated area to the seemingly not corticated area which might
represent a very thin cortex. The expansion and the hydraulic features are
relative to the least resistance area.

If the "wait and see" approach with radiographic monitoring is chosen rather
than surgery the complication might not be as serious. This may be related to
the growth rate of the lesion.

I am wondering now how would a patient/dentist choose based on our radiology
report? Is it an "informed" decision?

Thank you all for the very interesting cases and discussions.

Emad