[Oradlist] Panoramic radiography

Allan Abuabara allan.abuabara at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 08:50:38 PDT 2010

Dear Leif,

Thanks for your reply.
If do not exists, I would like suggest that the Radiologists carry out a
guideline for panoramic radiography. Something such as a panoramic
radiography every 5 years at least, in asymptomatic patients, begining from
8 or 10 y-o. Only for a review of the jaws.
I thought this because I have seen many large lesions (probable
ameloblastomas, keratocysts and others cysts) in patients who underwent the
examinations for orthodontic planning, for example, and were asymptomatic.

The aim is early diagnosis and better treatment and prognoses. Something
like the annual mammogram in women (mammography is recommended  annually for
women age 40 and older)  to detect breast cancers.

Good weekend.
Allan.

--
Allan