[Oradlist] CBCT artifact?

Andrés Briner andresbriner at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 04:10:04 PDT 2010

If no foreign objects are inside the FOV, this artifact could be produced by
a malfunction of a pixel or a group of pixels in the sensor surface.
Normally a sensor has a number of no more of 3 bad pixels that could be
acceptable at the moment of manufacture of the CBCT machine, those pixels
are ignored by software in order not to affect the images, but when pixel
malfunction arises during the use period of this sensor it affects the
image with this circular artifact.   There are two ways to fix the
problem.   1.-  To replace the sensor (normally very expensive)    2.-  To
ask the manufacturer to make the software to ignore the bad pixel (Cheap or
no cost).

Dr. Andres Briner
Imax Radiological centers
Santiago