[Oradlist] Use of CBCT in Ortho

Shdesch at aol.com Shdesch at aol.com
Thu Oct 29 01:27:07 PDT 2009

Dr. Farman,

There are two issues that I feel should be addressed in this activity to
develop guidelines for diagnostic imaging in Orthodontics:

1. The two dozen or so standard orthodontic analysis that have been used
for years to project growth during orthodontic treatment are all based on 2D
imaging.  Does this now translate in a reliable form when using CBCT and 3D
 imaging?

2.  Also, the volume needed for orthodontic information with CBCT is  very
large.  Caution should be addressed with large volume and the  liability for
the information in these scans.

These issues might already have been addressed, if not, they should be
considered.

What is your opinion on this?

Steve Desch

In a message dated 10/28/2009 8:06:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,