[Oradlist] Use of CBCT in Ortho

Allan G Farman agfarm01 at louisville.edu
Wed Oct 28 17:04:15 PDT 2009

One of my first actions as the new President of AAOMR has been to contact AAO to set up a joint activity to develop guidelines for use of diagnostic imaging in Orthodontics. The AAO responded positively to this joint initiative. Dr. Mansur Ahmad is the newly appointed AAOMR Position Paper Editor and will be setting up the task group for the AAOMR component of this activity. Use of CBCT in Ortho will be one of the issues to be addressed. The AAOMR anticipates several new position papers on a variety of topics will be developed and that existing guidelines will be updated. These activities have been designated as very high priority by the AAOOM Executive Council.

Allan G. Farman,
President AAOMR (2009-11)

Allan G. Farman, BDS, PhD, MBA, DSc, Diplomate ABOMR

Prof. Radiology & Imaging Science
Univ. Louisville School of Dentistry: SUHD
501 South Preston Street,
Louisville, Kentucky 40292, USA

Tel: +1(502) 852.1241
Fax: +1(502)852.1626

>>> "Friedland, Bernard" <bernard_friedland at hms.harvard.edu> 10/28/2009 10:51 AM >>>
I'm sure many of you have seen the attached (it's a give-and-take from the March issue of Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop). For those of you who haven't read it, I thought you would find it interesting.

Bernard Friedland, B.Ch.D., MSc., J.D.
Department of Oral Medicine Infection & Immunity
Harvard School of Dental Medicine
188 Longwood Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Tel: 617-432-4295