[Oradlist] PACS and RIS

bassam hassan b.hassan at acta.nl
Sat Nov 15 14:21:37 PST 2008

Well, actually you can get a fully fledged, fully functional web-based PACS
for free if you are brave enough to convert your people to MAC! This is the
Osirix foundation where they have the best open source DICOM client I¹ve
seen in years but it runs under MAC. You can get the PACS separately to run
under windows but it won¹t be as easy and as pluggable like what you would
get if you integrate it directly with Osirix.

You can find it here:

http://www.osirixfoundation.com/PACS.html

If you want this for a dental school, however, then simply forget about it.
The IT department will prefer to shut down the school on to upgrade windows
XP SP2 to something else.

Regards,

Bassam

--
Bassam A. Hassan, DDS, MSc Medical Imaging, PhD student
Department of Oral Radiology

web ad: www.acta.nl
email: b.hassan at acta.nl
Tel: +31-(0)20-5188561