[Oradlist] PACS and RIS

bassam hassan b.hassan at acta.nl
Sat Nov 15 14:21:37 PST 2008

Well, actually you can get a fully fledged, fully functional web-based PACS
for free if you are brave enough to convert your people to MAC! This is the
Osirix foundation where they have the best open source DICOM client I¹ve
seen in years but it runs under MAC. You can get the PACS separately to run
under windows but it won¹t be as easy and as pluggable like what you would
get if you integrate it directly with Osirix.

You can find it here:

If you want this for a dental school, however, then simply forget about it.
The IT department will prefer to shut down the school on to upgrade windows
XP SP2 to something else.

Bassam A. Hassan, DDS, MSc Medical Imaging, PhD student
Department of Oral Radiology
Academic Centre for Dentistry Amsterdam (ACTA)
The Netherlands.

web ad: www.acta.nl
email: b.hassan at acta.nl
Tel: +31-(0)20-5188561