[Hum_Calendar_Events] Reminder! Home Computer Support Clinic Friday, September 21, 2007

CDH Help Desk hcf at humnet.ucla.edu
Wed Sep 19 13:39:50 PDT 2007

Dear Humanities faculty, staff, and students,

We will be conducting our bi-weekly Home Computer Support Clinic this
coming Friday, September 21, 2007 from 1:00pm to 4:00pm in 1020 PPB. If
you are a graduate student, staff or faculty member of any of the
Humanities departments and would like to bring your misbehaving computer
to CDH for diagnosis and/or repair, please sign up for an appointment by
filling out the online form at http://admin.cdh.ucla.edu/clinic.php.

Please note that you only need to bring in your computer (the main box
with the hard drive) - we'll supply the monitor, keyboard and mouse. If
it's a laptop please bring your own power supply. Also please bring all
original install discs for your computer and any additional software
that you may have purchased.  If your computer requires a software
reinstall or repair, we may not be able to perform the reinstall or
repair without these discs.

At the clinic we will evaluate your computer, describe what needs to be
done to fix it, and/or provide an estimate of how long it will take to
fix. All appointments will last for 2 hours maximum and will be start at
the scheduled time.  If we are unable to fix the problem within 2 hours,
we will make an appropriate recommendation based on our diagnosis.

Also, note that under our hardware support policy, we no longer service
computers that are older than 5 years and can only provide "limited"
support for computers not on our supported hardware list. It is
important that you understand the difference between "full" support and
"limited" support, so please visit
http://admin.cdh.ucla.edu/hardware.php for a detailed description.

To further support the UCLA community with home and/or personal systems,
UCLA has negotiated a deal with KST Data that allows individual faculty,
staff, and students at UCLA to purchase personal PCs at greatly
discounted prices. Please see the Icompass website
http://www.icompass.ucla.edu/news/2004/KST.htm for details.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you at our Home Computer Support
Clinic.

CDH Help Desk

UCLA Center for Digital Humanities

1020 Public Policy Building

(310) 206-1414

cdh at humnet.ucla.edu

http://www.cdh.ucla.edu

Phone/Email Support: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm

Walk-in Support:  Monday through Friday, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm