[EnviSci] Clinton Global Initiative University Awards Information - Deadline 4/3/09!

Rian, Sigrid srian at ioe.ucla.edu
Wed Apr 1 09:14:16 PDT 2009

Dear Student -

On behalf of President Clinton and the Clinton Global Initiative
University (CGI U), we are pleased to provide information about the CGI
U Outstanding Commitment Awards, a potential source of funding for
student service and activism projects. $400,000 will be distributed to
various students and student groups who make commitments to addressing
the world's most pressing global challenges in the following five focus
areas:  Education, Energy & Climate Change, Global Health, Peace & Human
Rights, and Poverty Alleviation. Because of Wal-Mart's continued
leadership in addressing climate change, $200,000 of this year's awards
will go to fund student-led projects that specifically address energy &
climate change.

To apply for the awards, students can fill out an Outstanding Commitment
Award application here. The deadline for applications is Friday, April
3, 2009.

For additional information, please visit our website at CGIU.org.
_______
cgiu at clintonglobalinitiative.org