Limited government or national government

Robert Sheridan rs at robertsheridan.com
Sat Mar 31 08:18:39 PDT 2012

Perhaps, and I appreciate the kind response, but there go the Bank, internal improvements, the end of the Lochner Era's activist conservative Old Court, the NLRA, protections against massive abusive child labor, protection of men and women in the workplace, Social Security, and whatever I've left out.  I intentionally omit equal rights protections because, of course, we do have an amendment.

Seems to me that it's a bit too late to turn the clock back to pre-M'Culloch days simply because the losing argument in M'Culloch remains preferred by some...

Reminds me of the notion that  no bad idea ever completely goes away...

:)

rs