Understanding the ACA Arguments

Theodore Ruger truger at law.upenn.edu
Wed Mar 21 11:55:09 PDT 2012

As a parlor game, the real question for those of us who support the ACA's constitutionality is:  what Hollywood analogy can we come up with to illustrate our side's point?   The first that comes to my mind is of a grinning Jeff Spicoli (Sean Penn, Fast Times at Ridgemont High) emerging from his aromatically smoke-filled van with:  "Me, buy health insurance?  But dude, I'm so totally healthy . . ."     But of course our students will not have seen or heard of Fast Times, sigh.

Ted