Outsourcing Legislation from WH to the House of Representatives

Nelson Lund nlund at gmu.edu
Fri Jan 29 13:23:26 PST 2010

Perhaps Rep. Cantor is not "incredibly dumb." Maybe he understands
Article I quite well. Maybe he even thinks it would be incredibly dumb
to be unaware of Article II, which provides that the President "/shall/
from time to time recommend to their [i.e. Congress'] Consideration such
Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient." Maybe he was
criticizing the President for not fulfilling this duty imposed by the
Constitution. Right or wrong, such criticism of the President wouldn't
seem to be "incredibly dumb."

Nelson Lund
George Mason