FW: descriptive scholarly accounts of religious identityandjudicial behav...

Robert Sheridan rs at robertsheridan.com
Fri Apr 23 22:32:37 PDT 2010

Lunacy.  Is that a Conlaw word?  Name one secularist not wearing a
straightjacket who says this.

My government is neither hostile nor indifferent to religion.  It
provides a sheltered framework in which all religions can do their
thing.  We have new ones popping up all the time, in fact, from the
Universalist Life Church (marriages) to the Rev. Moon's whatever you
call it.  And the Krishna folk who beg at airports. And storefronts.  We
love religion.  That's why we have so many of them.  We have people who
believe in one God, three-in-one Gods, multiple gods, no gods,
you-name-it, we've got it.  How can it be said that my government is
either hostile or indifferent to religion?  It may not care for yours in
particular, but what makes you think that yours is the answer for the
rest of us, or has your god been talking quietly to you?

But maybe you're right and we would be better off with a government that
favors one religion over all the rest.  However, it's going to be my
religion, not yours.  That okay with you?  You thought of that, right?

rs