State action and race discrimination in accrediting agencies

William Funk funk at lclark.edu
Fri Feb 22 14:17:20 PST 2008

The National Assn of Scholars letter states "Minority-only fellowships have
been successfully challenged by the Center for Equal Opportunity on a number
of American college and university campuses."  I couldn't find any federal
cases on Westlaw.  Is anyone familiar with federal court decisions finding
minority-only fellowships or scholarships a violation of Title VI or the
Equal Protection Clause?
Bill Funk
Lewis & Clark Law School