Why impose a course on constitutional law on our students?

Sean Wilson whoooo26505 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 10 15:12:13 PDT 2007

I'm confused Mark. How does that book tell us how a judge will rule? Segal/Cover scores are statistically insignificant for every case the Court ever decided in the data set from 1946 through 2004. The number of votes needed to produce the R-squared in the ecological model involving only the civil liberties docket from the same time period is only about 12%. Stated another way, what is called "the attitude component" on the Court is only a marginal explanation of the choices justice make in this domain. If you take away 7 or 8 justices that pad the model and who are no longer on the Court, the PRE on the models go down in the teens.

Why not do this: assign Dworkin to undergrads and present the very same analysis in support of that theory?

Regards.

Dr. Sean Wilson, Esq.
Penn State University
Website: http://ludwig.squarespace.com/home/