Partial Birth Act Upheld

Scott Markowitz redbeard at ufl.edu
Thu Apr 19 09:20:42 PDT 2007

Right...so when conservatives represent liberals' positions, they should
say that liberals merely have a different but also completely valid
viewpoint, but when liberals represent conservatives' positions, they
should say that conservatives don't care about children (and probably
eat puppies, as well).

Following your logic, then, should we allow post-natal abortions for
poor mothers who lose their jobs/welfare benefits/whatever and cannot
provide for their children? Why should she lose that important
constitutional right merely because her means of supporting a family
vanished after birth, as opposed to before?

Scott