Jewish Champions of First Amendment or something

Volokh, Eugene VOLOKH at law.ucla.edu
Tue Sep 12 07:49:42 PDT 2006

    The American Communist Party didn't just support a repressive
foreign regime -- its stated purpose was to help implement Communism
everywhere, including in the U.S. (though they must have realized that
it would take a long time).  And, yes, a conservative who not only
backed repressive foreign regimes outside the Soviet Union but also
wanted to set up such a government in the U.S. wouldn't qualify as a
champion of the First Amendment, either.