Solomon Amendment Upheld

Rick Duncan nebraskalawprof at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 6 10:30:05 PST 2006

I remember attending a session at the AALS a few years ago in which the Solomon Amendment was being discussed (trashed actually--no balance on that panel). And I will never forget what one fervent young professor said. She said "well maybe we have to let the military interview on campus, but we don't have to give them coffee and doughnuts."

  I wish I had said what I was thinking: Why not give them the coffee, but spit in it before you give it to them."

  I haven't read the decision yet, but I am liking what I read about it.

  Cheers, Rick Duncan

Scott Gerber <s-gerber at onu.edu> wrote:
  Jeff:

Ask the plaintiffs, the dean of Yale Law School etc., not me. My guess
is they are not dancing in the streets.

Scott

To post, send message to Conlawprof at lists.ucla.edu

Please note that messages sent to this large list cannot be viewed as private. Anyone can subscribe to the list and read messages that are posted; people can read the Web archives; and list members can (rightly or wrongly) forward the messages to others.

  Rick Duncan
Welpton Professor of Law
University of Nebraska College of Law
Lincoln, NE 68583-0902

"When the Round Table is broken every man must follow either Galahad or Mordred: middle things are gone." C.S.Lewis, Grand Miracle

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered." --The Prisoner