A New Commerce Clause Case?

Bradley Joondeph bjoondeph at scu.edu
Fri Feb 24 09:37:55 PST 2006

Perhaps you are thinking of the two tax incentive cases to be argued Wednesday at the Court?

04-1704 DAIMLERCHRYSLER CORP. V. CUNO

04-1724 WILKINS V. CUNO (Consolidated * 1 hr. for argument)

At issue, speaking generally, is whether state and local tax breaks offered to lure taxpayers to locate and create a jobs in the jurisdiction are consistent with the DCC.

Brad Joondeph

Associate Professor
Santa Clara University
School of Law
500 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, California 95053
408.554.4726

>>> <rjlipkin at aol.com> 2/24/2006 8:22 AM >>>
      I seem to recall recently hearing on the radio a report about a case that, if I remember correctly, involved the dormant commerce clause. Can anyone point me to a media story about this case or alternatively briefly report the facts of the case? Thanks very much.

Bobby

Robert Justin Lipkin
Professor of Law
Widener University School of Law
Delaware

This message scanned for viruses and SPAM at SCU (MGW2)