Constitutional Symposium at Pepperdine - Webcast
daniel.shephard at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 12:13:21 PDT 2006
Dear Sirs and Mesdames,
Pepperdine University School of Law is webcasting its Supreme Court
Symposium regarding the Robert's Court on August 30. Please join us over
online for this special event.
*The Rookie Year of the Roberts Court & A Look Ahead*
Supreme Court Symposium
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
The panel will...
- Examine the work product of the first year of the Roberts Court,
especially with regard to:
- Presidential power and the war on terror
- Civil rights - including abortion, religious freedom, and free
- Federal-state relations - including investment tax credits,
probate exceptions, the scope of environmental laws, and assisted suicide
- Criminal procedure - including new skepticism about the
exclusionary rule, a renewed death penalty debate, and the challenge to
- Law and the political process - including gerrymandering and
- Business cases - including civil RICO, retaliation cases, and
- Reflect on the confirmation process and the interpretative
approaches of the new justices;
- Consider the cases already headed for the Court next term, including
the review of the federal partial-birth abortion ban, racial preferences in
K - 12, and possible new limits on punitive damages.
These and related topics will be covered in an active format that involves
formal presentations as well as interaction among a distinguished panel of
constitutionalists, veteran Supreme Court journalists serving as symposium
interlocutors, and Pepperdine School of Law faculty respondents.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Conlawprof