ACLU analysis of John Roberts

RJLipkin at aol.com RJLipkin at aol.com
Tue Sep 13 02:38:07 PDT 2005

In a message dated 9/12/2005 11:56:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
AAsch at aol.com writes:

• He argued that  Congress has the power to strip the Supreme Court of
jurisdiction to hear  cases involving abortion, school prayer and busing, although
he also argued  against exercising that power as a matter of  policy.

Is his argument  restricted to these cases or does it acknowledge a general
congressional power  to "strip the Supreme Court of jurisdiction" in any, or
most, cases Congress'  chooses? (I can't access the website, so if the answer is
included in the  document posted there, it's currently beyond my reach.)

Bobby

Robert Justin  Lipkin
Professor of Law
Widener University School of  Law