Judge Alito

Sanford Levinson SLevinson at law.utexas.edu
Sun Oct 30 10:07:38 PST 2005

How does Alito fit Bushite identity politics:  I assume he is a Catholic Italian-American.  How will this go down with Hispanics.  And for all the current lovefest between Evangelicals and the Catholic Church, are there none among the former who would be at least a bit perturbed with a Court that included not a single "out" Protestant?  I.e., we'd have fice Catholics, two Jews, and what are almost certainly two agnostics (at "best").  Does no one in the White House think of such things?  (Is that because they're purer souls than I am?)

Sandy
- Sanford Levinson
(Sent from a Blackberry)