Vetting process on Miers

Sanford Levinson SLevinson at law.utexas.edu
Fri Oct 14 08:51:13 PDT 2005

For what it's worth, I basically agree with Bob's posting.  I thought that both the Dowd and the Brooks columns were really quite dreadful.  Anyone who wants to read sycophantic letters should read the Frankfurter-Roosevelt correspondence.  (Indeed when reviewing the FF-Holmes correspondence for the Texas LR in 1998, I titled it "Fan Letters."). And Mr. Brooks has written more than his share of smarmy, incoherent columns.
(Needless to say, this is not meant as an affirmative declaration of support for Ms. Meirs.)

Sandy
- Sanford Levinson
(Sent from a Blackberry)