Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act

Marty Lederman marty.lederman at comcast.net
Tue Oct 11 05:32:02 PDT 2005

What about OSHA?  RICO?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Hamilton02 at aol.com
  To: hartneed at shu.edu ; srbagenstos at wulaw.wustl.edu
  Cc: CONLAWPROF at lists.ucla.edu ; conlawprof-bounces at lists.ucla.edu ; crossf at mail.utexas.edu ; edale1 at bellsouth.net ; jfnbl at earthlink.com ; marty.lederman at comcast.net
  Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 8:23 AM
  Subject: Re: Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act

  Yes, I would say that FACE is also beyond Congressional power under the commerce clause.

  Marci

  In a message dated 10/11/2005 8:05:06 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, hartneed at shu.edu writes:
    How do those on the list who find the provision of abortions "non-economic" distinguish FACE?  Or is the argument that FACE is also beyond Congressional power under the commerce clause?

    Ed Hartnett
    Seton Hall

          <srbagenstos at wulaw.wustl.edu>
          Sent by: conlawprof-bounces at lists.ucla.edu
          10/11/2005 07:46 AM
         To "Elizabeth Dale" <edale1 at bellsouth.net>, <Hamilton02 at aol.com>, <marty.lederman at comcast.net>, <jfnbl at earthlink.com>, <CONLAWPROF at lists.ucla.edu>, <crossf at mail.utexas.edu>
                cc
                Subject RE: Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act

    Is this meant to be an argument independent of the Roe/Casey right to privacy?  That is, if PBABA doesn't violate Casey, do you think it would nonetheless be improper Commerce Clause legislation?