Miers / White

Barksdale, Yvette 7barksda at jmls.edu
Mon Oct 3 18:45:32 PDT 2005

Hi Bob,

I checked out the churches' website liniked to in Mark's post, and what I found most remarkable was the complete absence of any reference to non-theological issues - whether social, political, economic, legal.  This applied to the links as well.  The only non-theological links was for charitable service work, such as Meals on Wheels, etc.  The entire website was about leading members to better understanding of how to grow in their personal religious faith.

There were no outside projects devoted to any social issues - whether school prayer, or abortion, etc. ministries, not even get out the vote ministries. Or even let's pray for our political leaders  messages..

This is not to say that individual members are not involved in social conservative movements - but this doesn't seem to be connected to the church.

yb