RFRA & Federal Statutes

RJLipkin at aol.com RJLipkin at aol.com
Mon Nov 14 06:22:23 PST 2005

Marty, I do not mean to be  persnickety, but wherein lies the constitutional
authority of Title 5? To  put it differently, where does Congress derive its
authority to pass laws which  impose limits, standards, conditions,
restrictions, etc., on the workings of the  federal government? This is not an
argumentative question. I'm simply wondering  what constitutional provision(s) give
Congress this authority given the notion  that ours is a limited government of
enumerated powers. Thanks.

Bobby

Robert Justin  Lipkin
Professor of Law