Our perfect constiitution? What should we be teaching our students?

Sanford Levinson SLevinson at law.utexas.edu
Mon Nov 7 06:54:08 PST 2005

Amen!!

sandy
________________________________

From: conlawprof-bounces at lists.ucla.edu on behalf of Mark Graber
Sent: Mon 11/7/2005 7:40 AM
To: conlawprof at lists.ucla.edu
Subject: RE: Our perfect constiitution? What should we be teaching our students?

May I suggest that one point that both Earl and Sandy might agree on
(and this is a very, very shameless plug for a piece I just published in
Perspectives on Politics) is that whatever the merits of doctrinal
courses in American constitutionalism in law schools, it is absolutely
inexcusable for the undergraduate course to focus obsessively on
doctrine at the expense of the more fundamental issues of American
constitutionalism such as whether the constitution is actually
funtioning.

Mark A. Graber
To post, send message to Conlawprof at lists.ucla.edu