How quickly some journals give offers

Volokh, Eugene VOLOKH at law.ucla.edu
Thu Nov 3 13:25:41 PST 2005

	I got only a few responses, but the ones noting quick
acceptances from Top 30 journals were professors at Thomas Jefferson,
Case Western, Tennessee, UCLA, Texas, and Harvard.  I'm sure being from
a brand-name school, or being famous, will help; but it doesn't seem
necessary.

	Note, also, that this information is supposed to be useful to
law review editors deciding how quickly their competitors are moving,
and therefore how quickly they need to move.  It isn't that important, I
think, to submitters; our strategy should still be to submit to lots of
journals, and then shop the offers up the line, regardless of how
quickly we get the offers.