Althouse on Alito

RJLipkin at aol.com RJLipkin at aol.com
Thu Nov 3 04:04:39 PST 2005

In a message dated 11/3/2005 3:58:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,
SLevinson at law.utexas.edu writes:

Am I an outlier on this list in my mistrust of public officials (even if we
might disagree on which officials to trust or mistrust) or do I describe a
generally-shared perception of where we are right now in our political  culture?

I can only speak for  myself of course, but Sandy, in my view, is absolutely
right about distrusting  public officials in contemporary political culture.
But for me the  epiphany came in the late sixties. (Yes, I did once trust
public  officials.)

        Do those born in the  sixties have seventies have any lesser reason
to distrust public  officials?  I can't imagine why not?

Bobby

Robert Justin  Lipkin
Professor of Law
Widener University School of  Law